Monday, June 22, 2009

Affirmations & 6 Tips for How to Use Them














We love affirmations! We have witnessed the profound changes they can make in people's lives when used in a consistent and purposeful way. As we mentioned in our blog back in March ’09, we encourage the women in our Get Up Girl Women's Coaching Groups to use affirmations. They are a powerful tool for transforming limiting beliefs and negative thinking into more supportive ways of believing and thinking.

From Lousie Hay and her book, ‘Power Thoughts, 365 Daily Affirmations’, we share ten affirmations that you can use or edit to fit your needs. In addition to sharing Louise's affirmations with you, also below are 6 fun and creative tips for how you can use them.


Affirmations:

I rejoice in others successes knowing there is plenty for all of us.

I release any limitations based on old, negative thoughts. I joyfully look forward to the future.


Every experience in life is an opportunity for growth.


I am my best friend. I love what I see in me.

I am always the perfect age for where I am in my life.


I open my home and welcome guests with love. They are like a loving family to me.


I only speak positively about those in my world.

I express love and gratitude for all I have learned and all I have accomplished.

I look forward with joyous anticipation to each new day of my life.

All is well in my world!



6 tips for how you can use your affirmations:


1. Pick one or more affirmations and write them out in your journal. (You can repeat writing the same affirmations a number of times, we suggest 3 or more times.)


2. Write them on index cards, – one affirmation on each card. Read them while you drink your morning coffee; carry them with you and read throughout the day; or when you wake up and/or before going to bed at night.

3. Say them as you exercise or move your body. Walking, running, dancing, etc.


4. Read them aloud as you look at yourself in the mirror. (this is powerful)


5. Turn them into a song, and sing your affirmations in the shower.

6. Write them on post-it notes and put them up around your home and office.


Let us know what works for you, or if you have some creative ways you like to use affirmations. We always love learning new ways to apply these tools. Thanks! info@getupgirl.org.

photo by: Margalit Ward
getupgirl.org
getupgirl/twitter | getupgirl/facebook | margalitward/twitter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good tips on Affirmations.

Thanks,
karim - Positive thinking