Monday, September 7, 2009

Affirm What You Want!

















You may recall how we love using and sharing positive affirmations with our readers. For those of you that may be new to affirmations, here is a quick description. They are positive statements, usually beginning with the words, "I Am", and used to assist people in transforming negative thought patterns and limiting beliefs into new supportive thoughts and beliefs. It's a lot like reprogramming a computer with new information.

During our Get Up Girl 9-Week Coaching Group, the women in our program develop their own affirmations. We take time to explore what limiting beliefs may be holding them back, and then they create affirmations to support a new way of thinking and being. We are always inspired by how creative and powerful each woman’s affirmations are, so we asked if we could share some of them with our larger Get Up Girl community.


Here are a few to lift and inspire you. Enjoy!


I love and accept myself, I am safe.


I am willing to forgive the past, it’s safe for me to go beyond my parents’ limitations.


I am guided throughout this day in making the right choices.


I have the talent, and the timing is right for me to be successful doing something I love.


I am living in the moment.

I am learning to love myself and others.

My body is beautiful, supple and firm.


I constantly have new insights and new ways of looking at my world.


I am willing to change and grow.


I choose my thoughts with care.

I am financially abundant and free.


I am fulfilled in my career.

I am grateful for my happy and loving relationship.


I am nourishing myself with love.

Feel free to share your affirmations with us, by commenting to this post or emailing us at info@getupgirl.org. We always enjoy learning new affirmations and love hearing from you!

Photo by Margalit Ward


getupgirl.org
getupgirl/twitter | getupgirl/facebook | margalitward/twitter

No comments: