Monday, December 14, 2009

4 Tips to Staying Sane During the Holidays























Get Up Girl Alaia Williams, of One Organized Life, shares 4 tips to staying sane during the holidays.

How is December treating you? This month tends to bring a lot of hustle and bustle - and stress! I encourage you to pace yourself to avoid becoming overwhelmed.

What can you do to avoid holiday overwhelm this year?

1) Make a list of priorities - what's really important for you to accomplish between now and the end of the year?

2) Create goals that support your priorities.

3) Don't bite off more than you can chew. There is only one of you - create bite-sized action steps to help you achieve the goals you set. Don't be afraid to delegate and defer!

4) Set aside time every day to work on your goals.

Though balance can't always be achieved in all aspects of our lives, now is the time to make sure your responsibilities are handled and that you make time for the people who are most important to you. Don't be afraid to say no to the 15th party invitation you receive this holiday season if you need to wrap up business and spend time with family. But on the flip side of that - don't forget to allow yourself some fun and relaxation time.

I've chosen to attend only two holiday events this month so that I can continue to work on wrapping up the 2009 goals I set for myself. Updating my contact database, creating outlines for my 2010 presentations, and streamlining my schedule will help me leaps and bounds come January 1st. But I can tell you this - I had a blast at the Freelance Frolic last week and I am really looking forward to my friend's holiday party on Thursday!

What's your plan?

Alia Williams is the founder of One Organized Life that offers a variety of professional organizing services that help you make sense of your space, improve work flow, and increase productivity. She can be contacted at:
alaia@oneorganizedlife.com
877-660-4738 ext 701

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wrote a post on my blog.
http://jbvadeboncoeur.info/2009/12/08/the-ome-most-ordinary-survival-tactic-ever-for-an-easy-christmas-by-j-b-vadeboncoeur/
Using this process helped me get to what was my highest priority.
It was to write loving notes to each of my family members.
Knowing that helped me let go of immediate things like housework. It still took me three days to write the notes, over 20 of them. I saw myself stalling as I was nearing the end. I kept at it and completed and feel a great freedom, that the rest of my tasks will fall in place and I am very content.