Friday, December 4, 2009

It's Time For a Monthly Review














It's a new month and it's time to get re-focused!


Each month in our Get Up Girl Women's Coaching Group we encourage taking the time to do a Monthly Review. I know for myself that whenever I make the time to do this exercise I get enormous value from reflecting on what is and isn't working in my life at the moment. It also assists in clarifying what is really important in my life right now, which supports making better decisions in how I use my time. And it only takes a few minutes. Clear intentions = wiser choices = less stress & more ease.


Best of all, a Monthly Review is an opportunity to appreciate yourself and experience gratitude for the blessings in your life. We often forget to acknowledge how much we do accomplish, and appreciate who we are. So make a cup of tea, get a pad and pen, sit in your favorite chair, and take some time to reflect and re-focus.


Monthly Review Exercise:
It's important to write your answers down.

1. What worked this month?


2. What didn't work?


3. What am I most proud of?


4. What am I grateful for?


5. What still needs more improvement?


6. What do I want to focus on for the coming month?


After doing this exercise, use the insights you've gained to support yourself in making SMART Goals for the month. Remember to keep your goals Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and with a Time Frame. Then take your goals for the month and break them down into doable Weekly Action Steps.

Congratulations! You're ready to take on December with more clarity, grace and ease.
Make it a great month!

“It takes a person who is wide awake to make his dream come true.”
– Roger Babson


The Monthly Review is taken from our Get Up Girl workbook (copyright 2009), 'Your Time is Now'. To purchase a copy or to find out more contact us at info@getupgirl.org. Or website: getupgirl.org

getupgirl.org
getupgirl/twitter | getupgirl/facebook | margalitward/twitter

2 comments:

Stefani said...

This is an excellent exercise that I really need to do!

Wilson said...

great idea! we all need to be reminded of the simple things in life!