Friday, January 2, 2009

Celebrate 2008




One way I enjoy welcoming the New Year, is by celebrating the last one.
It's a great opportunity to take a look back and appreciate ourselves and our accomplishments.

I invite you to think about
the things you're grateful for from the past year, and take a few minutes to celebrate them with this fun and fulfilling exercise.

Celebrate 2008:
1. Grab some paper or journal, and a pen.

2. Ask yourself, ‘What are all the things I appreciate or feel grateful for from 2008’?

3. Write whatever is true for you (no need to edit –this is for you), from the little things to the big things. It can be anything, including accomplishments, people in your life, to things you have learned and developed.

Example:
1. Completing our first draft of our coaching book, Your Time is Now
2. A fun family trip to the mountains this summer
3. Starting this blog
4. Keeping on track with a consistent exercise routine

I find when I do this exercise, I’m always surprised by how many things I have forgotten or taken for granted. I walk away feeling energized and fulfilled, and it sets the stage for clearly thinking about what I want to create for the new year ahead.

1 comment:

Stephanie Lee said...

Great idea Margalit, thanks for the inspiration.

xox Steph