Friday, January 9, 2009

Eyes Closed and Heart Open





























Crystal DAngora, a yoga and pilates instructor, has a message to share with her fellow Get Up Girl's on self-love. Thank you for your insightful contribution Crystal.


The only effective way to make a meaningful commitment to life and habit changes in the New Year is from the perspective of self-love, not self- deprivation and abuse.  I'm a Yoga and Pilates teacher/studio owner in Toluca Lake and, even with health and exercise as my career path, I find myself at times tripping down the post-Holiday guilt path.  


I have the good fortune each day, however, of learning from my wonderful students.  With every reminder I give to "breath deep and focus on [their] incredible improvements," I get to remind myself as well.   The time we waste beating ourselves up for slipping around the Holidays makes us feel powerless and puts attention on what we don't want.  Alternately, when we listen to our body's need for rest and exercise from a place of appreciation for where we are today, we feel and look better and have more energy.  No list of promises or guilt required, just an extra moment with eyes closed and heart open to tune-in.  Happy New Year!

 -Crystal DAngora  Crystal Yoga and Pilates

 

Do you have something to share with the Get Up Girl community?  This blog is a place for all Get Up Girls to express their creativity, thoughts, wisdom, and tips.  Please email us with blog postings at:  info@getupgirl.org



No comments: