Monday, February 2, 2009

Find Your Inspiration















I am over-the-moon proud of my friend Tracey Cunningham. She recently celebrated the opening of her new Salon, 'Byron and Tracey', in Beverly Hills, hosted by celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe. It was a full-out Hollywood party with publicity cameras, beautiful people, celebrities and Tracey's closest friends and family. It's hard for me not to feel an enormou
s sense of pride when watching someone I have known for over 10 years build her business on her own, and accomplish such great things. I know how she struggled starting out as a single mom, working very hard, and is now one of the top colorists in the business.

When we first met years ago watching our kids play at our neighborhood park, she had a solid business, working at a prestigious salon. But in the last 10 years she has become a superstar celebrity stylist, endorsing products, and being sought after by the elite entertainment and celebrity crowd. Did I say she worked hard? She did and still does, because she loves what she is doing. I am always impressed by how focused she is at being the best, and de
termined to make her business succeed.

Tracey is a great example of how with focus and persistence, a woman can overcome challenges and make her dreams come true. I asked Tracey to share some advice for women on what helped contribute to her success.
No matter what you do,
believe in yourself, work hard, stay positive, know what you want and go for it. Find your inspiration. Mine was being a good mom and wanting to give my son a great life.


Photos by Margalit Ward
More Photos at www.jamd.com

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Tracey is a fabulous person and I am so happy you wrote such great things about her!! She is an inspiration!

Penina said...

Big, BIG Congrats to Tracey. Thanks for posting news about the gala opening!