Thursday, December 4, 2008

Danielle Stallings Honored at the Women's International Film & Television Showcase


Get Up Girl, Danielle Stallings, film 'HAUNTED PLANET' was just selected for a spectacular film event honoring women directors on Saturday night (12/6/08) at the Pacific Design Center. It's part of the Women's International Film & Television Showcase honoring Gale Anne Hurd & Alfre Woodard. There are 3 days of screenings (and for those who care, networking):

Log Line
A woman and her male friend are convinced that reality is a nightmare -- his nightmare, in fact. This is the best explanation for all of the atrocities in the world. They resolve to end the nightmare and the attendant evils of the world, by waking him up... or killing him.

DIRECTOR'S STATEMENT
'Haunted Planet' is inspired by two heroes, Rod Serling and my seventh grade English teacher, Mrs. Weide. I grew up watching 'Twilight Zone' re-runs and discovered sci-fi and fantastic literature thanks to my sardonic but caring middle school teacher. Without the love they instilled in me for this genre 'Haunted Planet' would never have been completed. When the going got tough (and it did) I still always knew what the target was. The project lost five visual effects artists, one after another, and I could have quit -- was actually advised to quit. Making a $250,000+ film on only $30,000 of borrowed money is crazy, yes. But, I learned about pushing the envelope of imagination from my heroes and persisted. Now, thanks to those who believed in the impossible that inspired me, I can share this twisted little tale about pushing one's imagination and limits beyond what we see in our world.

http://www.thewifts.com/TheWIFTSS.html#

We are so inspired Danielle!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats Danielle